TEARS FOR A LIFETIME (EPISODE 11): WHEN YOUR LIFE TAKES A MAJOR TURN
If you missed the previous episode, click here "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/02/tears-for-lifetime-episode-10-promises.html"
We were about a week into the new year when Jide came back home. I knew he was coming back as we were always communicating with each other. In fact, he’d decided to come back in the afternoon so that we could have some time together before Aunt Toyosi got back from the shop. Kemi had left the day before to spend the week at Aunty Dolapo’s (Aunty Toyosi’s good friend. Her daughter Kike was very close with Kemi) so it looked like the odds were in our favor. As soon as Aunty Toyosi had left for the shop, I went to cook Jide’s favorite breakfast; fried potatoes, fried plantains and egg sauce.
I had been feeling a bit weird that morning but I didn’t pay attention to it. I was just so excited to see Jide. He came in an hour later and I was at the door waiting to jump on him which I did. He almost lost his balance from the effort but he laughed at it all. After we had ‘properly greeted ourselves’ (as he would say), I went to serve his meal. He put me on his lap and he asked me to feed him. I remember that the smell of the food was nauseating and I just wanted to throw up. I told him and he asked me to go lie down in his room for a while.
I must’ve slept off because when I woke up, I felt someone trying to kiss me. I realized during our time together, my nipples were sore and I was sore in other places. At some point, he had to stop unwillingly because I kept groaning in pain. He began to inspect my entire body strangely. He looked at me and said ‘Riri, when did you last see your period?’ I told him when I thought it was and we worked it out. Then he said, ‘No, no it’s not possible.’ I asked him what the problem was and he said it was nothing.
The next few days, I became really sick and food only caused me to feel nauseated. Every night, Jide tried to be as gentle as he could and it was very uncomfortable for me but I acted like it was okay. I wasn’t eating anything because I had no appetite. On Friday, Aunty Toyosi had gone out and I was trying to fry some eggs for Jide when my head suddenly felt very heavy. That’s all I remember about being in the kitchen.
The next conscious memory I had, I was on a bed and I heard Jide shouting something like ‘It’s not possible! It’s just not possible!’ and I heard someone else say ‘Thrice we tested and it was positive every time’. ‘HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME? HOW?’. I tried to call out to Jide and I heard him beside me saying ‘It’s okay, Riri. I’m with you. I’m here’.
What’s happening with Rita? What has got Jide so riled up? Find out in the next episode •••>> "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/03/tears-for-lifetime-episode-12-brewing.html"
If you missed the previous episode, click here "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/02/tears-for-lifetime-episode-10-promises.html"
We were about a week into the new year when Jide came back home. I knew he was coming back as we were always communicating with each other. In fact, he’d decided to come back in the afternoon so that we could have some time together before Aunt Toyosi got back from the shop. Kemi had left the day before to spend the week at Aunty Dolapo’s (Aunty Toyosi’s good friend. Her daughter Kike was very close with Kemi) so it looked like the odds were in our favor. As soon as Aunty Toyosi had left for the shop, I went to cook Jide’s favorite breakfast; fried potatoes, fried plantains and egg sauce.
I had been feeling a bit weird that morning but I didn’t pay attention to it. I was just so excited to see Jide. He came in an hour later and I was at the door waiting to jump on him which I did. He almost lost his balance from the effort but he laughed at it all. After we had ‘properly greeted ourselves’ (as he would say), I went to serve his meal. He put me on his lap and he asked me to feed him. I remember that the smell of the food was nauseating and I just wanted to throw up. I told him and he asked me to go lie down in his room for a while.
I must’ve slept off because when I woke up, I felt someone trying to kiss me. I realized during our time together, my nipples were sore and I was sore in other places. At some point, he had to stop unwillingly because I kept groaning in pain. He began to inspect my entire body strangely. He looked at me and said ‘Riri, when did you last see your period?’ I told him when I thought it was and we worked it out. Then he said, ‘No, no it’s not possible.’ I asked him what the problem was and he said it was nothing.
The next few days, I became really sick and food only caused me to feel nauseated. Every night, Jide tried to be as gentle as he could and it was very uncomfortable for me but I acted like it was okay. I wasn’t eating anything because I had no appetite. On Friday, Aunty Toyosi had gone out and I was trying to fry some eggs for Jide when my head suddenly felt very heavy. That’s all I remember about being in the kitchen.
The next conscious memory I had, I was on a bed and I heard Jide shouting something like ‘It’s not possible! It’s just not possible!’ and I heard someone else say ‘Thrice we tested and it was positive every time’. ‘HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME? HOW?’. I tried to call out to Jide and I heard him beside me saying ‘It’s okay, Riri. I’m with you. I’m here’.
What’s happening with Rita? What has got Jide so riled up? Find out in the next episode •••>> "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/03/tears-for-lifetime-episode-12-brewing.html"


Comments
Post a Comment