TEARS FOR A LIFETIME (Episode 7): OH, RITA NAIVE MUCH ?
He opened up the door to his room and he pulled me in. He didn’t say one word to me. It was like I wasn’t even there anymore. I tried to get to him but he wasn’t listening. I was so scared but I didn’t dare scream. I didn’t want to upset him any further. I told myself that my Jide could never hurt me, I convinced myself that I was wrong and I was at fault and if I really did love him, I should strive make him happy.
It hurts me to remember that night. He molested me, he was rough and that was my first time. The entire act hurt so bad;. Some minutes later, he rolled off of me and immediately went to sleep. I just gathered what was left of my clothes and I left to my room. On my way, I checked in on a sleeping Kemi. I went into my room and I cried myself to sleep.
The next morning, as soon as I heard Jide’s car leaving, I went into the room to change the blood-stained sheets and immediately soaked them before Kemi was up asking questions. Then, I fixed the sitting room and went about my chores as though nothing had happened. I heard Jide come back home and he went upstairs immediately.
Usually, he would call me to get him some water. I didn’t see him throughout that morning; Kemi came down to breakfast to say that he insisted that he was not hungry and when it was lunch time, he was still not hungry.
In the morning, I was very hurt. By afternoon, I was heartbroken. I just didn’t understand what I’d done wrong. It was obvious that he was avoiding me and I was scared that it meant things were going back to how they were when he wouldn’t even look at me. I just couldn’t stand it but I couldn’t go to see him because Kemi would most likely come with me and I didn’t want her to know about anything going on. Kemi eventually went out to play with the neighbors. Knowing she wouldn’t be back anytime soon, I served some lunch and I took it with me upstairs.
When I got there, I kept knocking until he finally answered. ‘Rita, what is it?’ ‘Err… I brought something for you to eat. You haven’t eaten anything today.’ He said nothing. ‘Kemi went to Aunty Grace’s place’. After a while, he opened up. He looked so dejected. He took the tray from me, set it down and he held me. He said, ‘Rita, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me. How could I do that to you? Are you hurt? Are you okay? I promise that’s not who I am. Please, forgive me. Please.’ I was shocked. I didn’t know what to say. I thought he was mad at me. ‘It’s okay. I’m okay. I’m sorry. I didn’t make you happy.’ He said ‘Rita, stop it. You make me so happy. I’m sorry, my baby. I’m very sorry.’ And he was kissing me.
Not too long after, I heard the door burst open while I was still in his arms. I immediately tried to jump out of his arms but I felt Jide’s arms tighten around me…me…
Click here to read the next episode •••>> "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/02/tears-for-lifetime-episode-8-how-could.html"
He opened up the door to his room and he pulled me in. He didn’t say one word to me. It was like I wasn’t even there anymore. I tried to get to him but he wasn’t listening. I was so scared but I didn’t dare scream. I didn’t want to upset him any further. I told myself that my Jide could never hurt me, I convinced myself that I was wrong and I was at fault and if I really did love him, I should strive make him happy.
It hurts me to remember that night. He molested me, he was rough and that was my first time. The entire act hurt so bad;. Some minutes later, he rolled off of me and immediately went to sleep. I just gathered what was left of my clothes and I left to my room. On my way, I checked in on a sleeping Kemi. I went into my room and I cried myself to sleep.
The next morning, as soon as I heard Jide’s car leaving, I went into the room to change the blood-stained sheets and immediately soaked them before Kemi was up asking questions. Then, I fixed the sitting room and went about my chores as though nothing had happened. I heard Jide come back home and he went upstairs immediately.
Usually, he would call me to get him some water. I didn’t see him throughout that morning; Kemi came down to breakfast to say that he insisted that he was not hungry and when it was lunch time, he was still not hungry.
In the morning, I was very hurt. By afternoon, I was heartbroken. I just didn’t understand what I’d done wrong. It was obvious that he was avoiding me and I was scared that it meant things were going back to how they were when he wouldn’t even look at me. I just couldn’t stand it but I couldn’t go to see him because Kemi would most likely come with me and I didn’t want her to know about anything going on. Kemi eventually went out to play with the neighbors. Knowing she wouldn’t be back anytime soon, I served some lunch and I took it with me upstairs.
When I got there, I kept knocking until he finally answered. ‘Rita, what is it?’ ‘Err… I brought something for you to eat. You haven’t eaten anything today.’ He said nothing. ‘Kemi went to Aunty Grace’s place’. After a while, he opened up. He looked so dejected. He took the tray from me, set it down and he held me. He said, ‘Rita, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me. How could I do that to you? Are you hurt? Are you okay? I promise that’s not who I am. Please, forgive me. Please.’ I was shocked. I didn’t know what to say. I thought he was mad at me. ‘It’s okay. I’m okay. I’m sorry. I didn’t make you happy.’ He said ‘Rita, stop it. You make me so happy. I’m sorry, my baby. I’m very sorry.’ And he was kissing me.
Not too long after, I heard the door burst open while I was still in his arms. I immediately tried to jump out of his arms but I felt Jide’s arms tighten around me…me…
Click here to read the next episode •••>> "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/02/tears-for-lifetime-episode-8-how-could.html"


Comments
Post a Comment