TEARS FOR A LIFETIME (EPISODE 5): MY MISTAKE (2)
Could this be the last episode??? Read on...
I remember how difficult that night was for me. I just didn’t know what to do. On one hand, he was my aunt’s husband, also on the other hand, he was the only person that truly cared for me and loved me, always made me smile, made me feel special. I decided that I wasn’t doing anything wrong by loving him. After all, he was not related to me in any way and his wife hated me for no reason. I felt that I couldn’t live life not being special to him and I knew what I could do if I wanted to get back my favorite person, I just didn’t know how to go about it.
The next day, Saturday, I got up early hoping to catch Jide before he got out for his morning jog but he had left the house. I had to do all the chores and cook etc. so I was really busy until late afternoon and I hadn’t seen him. Kemi told me later that he had gone out and he didn’t eat his lunch and he usually came back late at night on Saturday; so late that he had to go for the second service on Sundays while we went for the first.
I waited for him till I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. On Sunday morning, knowing I might not see him if I didn’t stay back home, I told Kemi that I wasn’t feeling well so I would try to make second service with Uncle Jide. I knew it was unlikely that my aunt would check on me and I was right. As soon as I heard the car leaving the compound, I got up, took a bath and went to make breakfast for Uncle Jide.
Sometime later, I was serving the food when he came down. I greeted him. He replied me with his usual nod. ‘Uncle mmm… sorry Jide, would you prefer coffee or tea?’ (I knew he only took coffee. I had only made coffee but I needed something to say). He looked at me for a while and said ‘Rita, you know it’s coffee’. I poured the coffee. I tried again ‘Ermm… how many cubes of sugar?’ He frowned ‘Rita, what is it? What are you trying to say?’ ‘I… I just want… I’m trying to say that I’m sorry’. He just kept looking at me. ‘I’m sorry for whatever I did…’ He stood up very angrily and was about to walk out when I said ‘I think I love you’.
He said ‘You think you do? Why?’ I was shaking when I said ‘Because I miss you, I miss you so much. I miss laughing with you, I miss talking to you and…’ He just kissed me. ‘I’m sorry my baby. I’m sorry I stayed away from you. I missed you too. I promise, I won’t hurt you Rita. I won’t.’
I remember how I felt that day; so happy. I thought I had to be the luckiest girl in the world. I had found love so early. Oh, If only I knew. I had no idea the world of hurt that was waiting to be unleashed on me. My biggest mistake was falling for Jide and I’ll pay for it till my last breath.
Could this be the last episode??? Read on...
I remember how difficult that night was for me. I just didn’t know what to do. On one hand, he was my aunt’s husband, also on the other hand, he was the only person that truly cared for me and loved me, always made me smile, made me feel special. I decided that I wasn’t doing anything wrong by loving him. After all, he was not related to me in any way and his wife hated me for no reason. I felt that I couldn’t live life not being special to him and I knew what I could do if I wanted to get back my favorite person, I just didn’t know how to go about it.
The next day, Saturday, I got up early hoping to catch Jide before he got out for his morning jog but he had left the house. I had to do all the chores and cook etc. so I was really busy until late afternoon and I hadn’t seen him. Kemi told me later that he had gone out and he didn’t eat his lunch and he usually came back late at night on Saturday; so late that he had to go for the second service on Sundays while we went for the first.
I waited for him till I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. On Sunday morning, knowing I might not see him if I didn’t stay back home, I told Kemi that I wasn’t feeling well so I would try to make second service with Uncle Jide. I knew it was unlikely that my aunt would check on me and I was right. As soon as I heard the car leaving the compound, I got up, took a bath and went to make breakfast for Uncle Jide.
Sometime later, I was serving the food when he came down. I greeted him. He replied me with his usual nod. ‘Uncle mmm… sorry Jide, would you prefer coffee or tea?’ (I knew he only took coffee. I had only made coffee but I needed something to say). He looked at me for a while and said ‘Rita, you know it’s coffee’. I poured the coffee. I tried again ‘Ermm… how many cubes of sugar?’ He frowned ‘Rita, what is it? What are you trying to say?’ ‘I… I just want… I’m trying to say that I’m sorry’. He just kept looking at me. ‘I’m sorry for whatever I did…’ He stood up very angrily and was about to walk out when I said ‘I think I love you’.
He said ‘You think you do? Why?’ I was shaking when I said ‘Because I miss you, I miss you so much. I miss laughing with you, I miss talking to you and…’ He just kissed me. ‘I’m sorry my baby. I’m sorry I stayed away from you. I missed you too. I promise, I won’t hurt you Rita. I won’t.’
I remember how I felt that day; so happy. I thought I had to be the luckiest girl in the world. I had found love so early. Oh, If only I knew. I had no idea the world of hurt that was waiting to be unleashed on me. My biggest mistake was falling for Jide and I’ll pay for it till my last breath.


Where r d rest
ReplyDelete