TEARS FOR A LIFETIME (EPISODE 12): "A BREWING STORM "
Excerpt From The Last Episode: The next conscious memory I had, I was on a bed and I heard Jide shouting something like ‘It’s not possible! It’s just not possible!’ and I heard someone else say ‘Thrice we tested and it was positive every time’. ‘HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME? HOW?’. I tried to call out to Jide and I heard him beside me saying ‘It’s okay, Riri. I’m with you. I’m here’.
The next time I woke up, I saw Kemi beside me looking so sad. ‘My baby. Don’t be sad okay? I’ll be out of here soon, okay?’ She said ‘Uncle Jide said it was food poisoning. He has been here since yesterday. He dropped me off from school since and he went to bath and change his clothes. He said he’ll come back with something for us to eat but he’s not back yet. I’m hungry.’ ‘Maybe he wants to rest a little. He must be tired. Kemi, what about Aunt Toyosi? How’s she?’
Kemi suddenly brightened up. I could tell that she had gist for me. ‘Hmm…Rita, yesterday night I was taking my bath when Uncle Jide came back. So, I quickly rushed up and ran downstairs to ask after you. I heard Uncle Jide shouting very loudly at someone. When I got there, he was holding Aunty in a mean way. Rita, I was very scared. He looked very angry. But as soon as he saw me, he released Aunty Toyosi and he was smiling at me. But Rita, something was wrong.’
‘Hmm.. Something must’ve happened. Let me see if I can call Ji…Uncle Jide. Do you know where my phone is?’ Just as Kemi was about to unplug my phone from the charger, Jide came in with take outs from a fast food. ‘I’m sorry, Kemi. I know you must be hungry. Here you go. Riri, you need to eat something okay? I got you chicken, rice, gizza…’ ‘Err… Uncle Jide. I’m not hungry. I just need something to drink.’ ‘Rita, the doctor said you need to eat something please. For me ehn?’ Kemi said ‘And for me too.’ I smiled and I said ‘I’ll eat as much as I can for my two best people.’ Jide took the food and the spoon and started feeding me. He looked at me and he mouthed ‘I love you’. Oh, I felt so loved.
Suddenly, I look to where Kemi is sitting and she’s not eating anymore. ‘Anh anh. Kemi baby, why are you not eating? You don’t like the food?’ She was pouting. ‘I want Uncle Jide to feed me too.’ We both laughed and I took the spoon from him so he could feed Kemi too. He fed her for a while and he said ‘Kemi, Let me feed Rita ehn. You know she’s not so strong yet.’ She agreed and he got back to me. This time, I had to make him eat so for every spoon that he gave me, I re-directed the next one back to his mouth so he could eat. He tried to protest and I said ‘You need to eat too’.
When we were done eating, Kemi stayed a while, we helped with her homework and then she had to go prepare for school the next day. Uncle Jide then said ‘Kemi, the first one downstairs will get a bowl of ice-cream.’ She immediately hugged me tight and ran out. I laughed so hard. Jide kissed me. ‘I needed to do that’. ‘Jide, what happ…’ ‘Shh… Just rest. We’ll talk when I come back’ He kissed me some more and then he left. So, I waited…
What is this big thing that transpired between Jide and his wife? Find out in the next episode •••>> "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/03/tears-for-lifetime-episode-13-calm.html"
Excerpt From The Last Episode: The next conscious memory I had, I was on a bed and I heard Jide shouting something like ‘It’s not possible! It’s just not possible!’ and I heard someone else say ‘Thrice we tested and it was positive every time’. ‘HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME? HOW?’. I tried to call out to Jide and I heard him beside me saying ‘It’s okay, Riri. I’m with you. I’m here’.
The next time I woke up, I saw Kemi beside me looking so sad. ‘My baby. Don’t be sad okay? I’ll be out of here soon, okay?’ She said ‘Uncle Jide said it was food poisoning. He has been here since yesterday. He dropped me off from school since and he went to bath and change his clothes. He said he’ll come back with something for us to eat but he’s not back yet. I’m hungry.’ ‘Maybe he wants to rest a little. He must be tired. Kemi, what about Aunt Toyosi? How’s she?’
Kemi suddenly brightened up. I could tell that she had gist for me. ‘Hmm…Rita, yesterday night I was taking my bath when Uncle Jide came back. So, I quickly rushed up and ran downstairs to ask after you. I heard Uncle Jide shouting very loudly at someone. When I got there, he was holding Aunty in a mean way. Rita, I was very scared. He looked very angry. But as soon as he saw me, he released Aunty Toyosi and he was smiling at me. But Rita, something was wrong.’
‘Hmm.. Something must’ve happened. Let me see if I can call Ji…Uncle Jide. Do you know where my phone is?’ Just as Kemi was about to unplug my phone from the charger, Jide came in with take outs from a fast food. ‘I’m sorry, Kemi. I know you must be hungry. Here you go. Riri, you need to eat something okay? I got you chicken, rice, gizza…’ ‘Err… Uncle Jide. I’m not hungry. I just need something to drink.’ ‘Rita, the doctor said you need to eat something please. For me ehn?’ Kemi said ‘And for me too.’ I smiled and I said ‘I’ll eat as much as I can for my two best people.’ Jide took the food and the spoon and started feeding me. He looked at me and he mouthed ‘I love you’. Oh, I felt so loved.
Suddenly, I look to where Kemi is sitting and she’s not eating anymore. ‘Anh anh. Kemi baby, why are you not eating? You don’t like the food?’ She was pouting. ‘I want Uncle Jide to feed me too.’ We both laughed and I took the spoon from him so he could feed Kemi too. He fed her for a while and he said ‘Kemi, Let me feed Rita ehn. You know she’s not so strong yet.’ She agreed and he got back to me. This time, I had to make him eat so for every spoon that he gave me, I re-directed the next one back to his mouth so he could eat. He tried to protest and I said ‘You need to eat too’.
When we were done eating, Kemi stayed a while, we helped with her homework and then she had to go prepare for school the next day. Uncle Jide then said ‘Kemi, the first one downstairs will get a bowl of ice-cream.’ She immediately hugged me tight and ran out. I laughed so hard. Jide kissed me. ‘I needed to do that’. ‘Jide, what happ…’ ‘Shh… Just rest. We’ll talk when I come back’ He kissed me some more and then he left. So, I waited…
What is this big thing that transpired between Jide and his wife? Find out in the next episode •••>> "http://lovedoctorkollar.blogspot.com.ng/2017/03/tears-for-lifetime-episode-13-calm.html"


Comments
Post a Comment